6.10.2004

Lace Along

Since it's summer, all I seem to be knitting is lace. I've decided to join the lace along. Since my time is limited (I'm due exactly one month from today) I'm choosing my project quite conservatively. Had this knit along been a few months ago, I would have used the alphabet blanket from Debbie Bliss' The Baby Knits Book, made with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. This is the knitting that got me though the very bad three weeks when I was in the throes of the MS/PhD decision. Since I wasn't actively blogging at the time, here's a picture of the most beautiful thing I've ever knit.



Another very appropriate project would have been the cobweb weight lace christening gown I was knitting. A few weeks ago I realized there was no way I was ever going to finish it in time and called my mom, begging her to sew something for me. She and my Aunt Lori are making an incredibly beautiful heirloom christening gown. But the lace one would have been so pretty, wouldn't it?



And a closeup of the border lace:



Being the very practical person that pregnancy has forced me to become, I finally decided on the waving lace socks from the Spring 2004 Interweave Knits. Practical and portable, easy to finish in a month even if I get distracted. I think I'll start them today, since this Koigu is just so beautiful.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kate said...

The socks sound like a good project for a month. Your projects are great and you look great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home