2.03.2005

More gift yarn

After an error on a website, my mother-in-law ended up mailing me a check that I was supposed to use to go get a massage. Well, as nice as that sounds, I decided to, umm, massage my fingers with yarn. It's the new Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks.


It's really soft, which surprised me for $1.79 per 50 g skein. I got all of these colors to knit the Heirloom Nine-Patch Afghan from the Winter 99/00 Interweave Knits. The main color is supposed to be navy. I hoped against hope that the blue online and in the catalog was really a little darker, but I was wrong. So here's the wrong blue.

I think I'm going to make a foray into dyeing wool to make this a nice navy blue. I've never dyed wool with anything but KoolAid before, so if anyone has any handy tips, I'd love to hear about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home