8.05.2004

Lace Along II -- Finished!

My second Lace Along project is complete. The neatest part about it is that I knit about a quarter of it while I was in early labor. If I were to redo this project, I would knit a wider border on the edge to give the piece straighter edges and more stability against rolling. I was trying to match the exact size of the plain fabric baptism stole provided by the church, so that dictated the width and correspondingly narrow border. Still, I like the end result.



Here's the yarn I'm thinking about using for the Pooling Colors scarf.



It's Schaefer Anne in color #12. The dye pattern lines up as it should at the beginning of the skein, but it sort of drifts on a diagonal viewing the skein from the side. I'm hoping it will still work with some minor adjusting along the way.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a baptism stole (is it because i was raise episcopalian?) but that is simply darling! Not as sweet as your sleeping bear. I missed the birth, so a belated congratulations. What a little jewel in your life!

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law just had a baby named John Francis. The stole is lovely. The best to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home