3.17.2005

Sockapalooza Part II

My socks arrived today! They're from Kathy, who doesn't have a blog. These socks are so gorgeous that they definitely deserve some blog action.

The box arrived packed with extra yarn just to fill the box and a package tied with a hint of the colors I'd find inside.



Here are the beautiful socks! They're dyed with Kool-Aid and knit in a slip stitch pattern to show off the colors. I literally squealed when I first saw them. I love bright colors like this, but I don't trust my own color sense to do this on my own. I end up with muddled messes instead of works of art like these.



I put them on my feet roughly three seconds after the other picture was taken. They fit perfectly!



Thanks again, Kathy, and thanks to Alison for organizing this. I am SO ready for Sockapalooza Two. I even had delusions of hosting my own Sock Exchange as I walked back from the mail box today. Hmm...

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! They were so much fun to knit up - I loved watching to see where the colors would go next. Hoping it brightened a cool day out there in Colorado :-)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger alison said...

Very cool! That slip-stitch pattern really is pretty. So glad that you had fun and love your new socks.

(If things keep going so well, I'll definitely be doing a Sockapalooza 2!)

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I was wondering if you knew/could find out what pattern Kathy used for your socks? I'm in love with them...but can't find a pattern...maybe they are originals? Anyway...thanks for checking
shanidy@ou.edu

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Closeout baseball Hybrid electric vehicle the answer Distance learning john adams high school http://www.breastenlargement23.info Sex with baseball bat fragrance oil Chevrolet blazer custom fit car cover buy levitra online http://www.financialadvisor7.info Chrysler torque flite 999 transmission Imitrex 50 lamictal rash picture Katadyn water filters government online payment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home