3.11.2005

Knitting Meme

I met Michelle at the Littleton Meetup just after she'd tagged me for this. Hopefully she's still want to read my answers even after she had to listen to me go off about my in-laws. I swear, I'm not always so catty.

1. Do you knit continental or English?
Continental, but I can do both.
2. How long ago did you learn to knit?
Twenty years ago. I was six.
3. First FO?
My first project was a swatch made with varigated Red Heart. The first real, useable project was a garter stitch scarf made of shimmery yellow Sayelle I found in my mom's stash.
4. Favorite yarn?
Right now it's Rowan Calmer. I'm fickle about yarn though, so it may change in a few projects.
5. Favorite pattern?
Priscilla Gibson Robert's Dream Socks from IK. I was so happy when they put it up as a pdf on their site.
6. Favorite pattern source?
Interweave Knits is still my favorite, but Rowan's giving them a run for their money.
6.5 Favorite knitting book for technique/reference (of any kind- general, fair isle etc)?
Montse Stanley's Knitter's Handbook. She may be opinionated, but she does know her stuff.
7. Favorite needles?
They may be low end, but I love my Denise Interchangeables. For socks it's metal 8" dpn, with an unlimited budget it would be Brittany birch all the way.
8. Nicest thing you've ever knit?
The best thing I've ever knit in John's Alphabet Blanket. I love that blanket and I hope he'll keep it when he grows up.
9. Most hated project?
Pooling Colors scarf. I like the way it looks, but I hate having to watch my tension to make sure the colors are pooling. Some day I'm sure I'll finish it. Just not soon.
10. Who are you going to pass this along to?
Anyone want to do this one?

Tomorrow, the book meme!

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeeHee. It was a hoot to meet you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home