10.04.2004

Thank you Secret Pal!

After a busy weekend, I was thrilled to get a package from my Secret Pal in the mail. Even the mailing box is pretty!



But look what's inside!



We have a beautiful little handspun silk pouch, stitch markers, bubble bath and four cat toys!

Here are some of my favorite details -- a little tiny bear charm on the pouch and lime bubble bath. I didn't even know lime bubble bath existed!





Emma happened to be in the room when I opened the box and is seen here trying to play with three toys at once. She then flipped onto her back and tried to maim one of the felt balls by kicking with her back paws. The ball is unhurt, thanks to its incredible feltedness.



And just to prove that I have been knitting, here are two afghan squares with a slightly long story.



I was supposed to do the one mile Walk for the Cure on Sunday with team Knitty Cat but John decided that Saturday night was not meant for sleeping. So we sort of missed the whole thing. The team was going to walk and knit at the same time, then all of the squares would be assembled into an afghan. Well, I did end up knitting two squares out of the wonderful pink Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. Hopefully the afghan is still in the seaming stages and my squares can join in!

John and I are off to visit family this week, so knitting may or may not happen. The poor giraffe-turned-elephant sweater is still sitting right here, patiently waiting to be finished. Soon, soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home