3.21.2005

Knitting? I don't think so...

I haven't knit much since Thursday. My eight month old son, who was perfectly healthy on Thursday got a little cold on Friday and went to the doctor Saturday morning. After not getting any better Saturday and then getting much worse Sunday, we went to the emergency room with a 104.4 fever and dehydration. It turns out he has RSV and pneumonia. I feel so bad for the little guy. What can you do for a baby who is sick besides do horrible things like suction their noses and give them medicine they'd rather spit out? He's doing better already, but what a weekend. Oddly enough, my parents planned a visit months ago so I'll have help with John for an entire week starting on Tuesday.

John's looking like he'll make a quick recovery. I cannot thank people who work in emergency rooms at night enough! A few hours would have made an awful difference to John! To all of you who spend time away from your families in the wee hours, thank you for helping babies just like mine.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

What an awful weekend. I hope John is feeling better soon. And get some rest yourself.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

I hope John feels better soon, what a tiresome, busy weekend. Poor little guy, i'm sure you could use some sleep too.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I hope John is doing better, and that your mom has been able to help out a bit!

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home