2.24.2005

Danger!

I do not know how this happened, but believe me it's true. I woke up before my son and husband did this morning and with early sunlight streaming into the room I picked up my knitting and sat down in my glider chair to happily knit until they woke up. Somehow, in the way I moved my butt into the chair, a stray size 0 metal dpn angled backward, sunk into the cushion until it hit the base of the seat and then proceeded directly into some of the more tender, fleshy areas of my body. I screamed like I've never screamed before and woke everyone up. Chaos ensued, with me yelling incoherent phrases at my drowsy husband, all of which meant "Pick up the screaming baby, I'm probably fine!" Nothing all that important was damaged on my body, once I found out where the blood was coming from. Unlike some other recent knit injuries (Julia's immediately comes to mind) no one will be subjected to my post-partum butt in its injured state. Instead, I offer you this very accurate recreation of what the chair looked like when I stood up.


The dpn is bent at about the halfway point, illustrating the giant force that is my butt hitting a chair. I don't think I'm going to try to straighten the dpn. I'll just chalk it up to experience.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um yikes.

Hey do you have an email? I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog...it goes like this. Yes, photocopying is the bomb! Especiallywhen you have a little squirmy, peanut covered toddler. Photo copy those hands and then trace them on fabric!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger jen said...

ouch!!!!! hope you heal soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home