2.18.2005

The felting frenzy continues

Last night was the first Littleton Stitch 'n Bitch. It's always fun to knit with a group and this one meets at the newest Tattered Cover. Knitting and books, what more could you want? I ended up sitting next to Mary, who was also knitting a French market bag. As I blithely knitted along, she asked me -- how deep are you making your bag? Turns out I already had nine inches of bag body and the pattern calls for eight. I kept the extra length and knit up the handles.


It's going through another round of felting in the washing machine as I type. Although the yarn turned my needles and fingers a teal green, the water in the machine is turning blue. Oddly enough, it seems to me that the lighter green is felting faster and the darker base isn't producing a stiff enough fabric. We'll see what happens after this last trip through the washer.

Although it's not really about knitting, I never wanted it to be weekend as much as I do now that I'm a mom at home all day with a baby. I thought it wouldn't make a difference but having my husband at home for two whole days in a row is the best thing in the world. To any single parents out there -- I'm amazed you manage to do it!

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the weekend thing. Weekends are dad and son time around my house. I actually get to do things of my own when my husband is home, and so I look forward to the weekends with reckless abandon!

Katie
kkjohnsATbellsouthDOTnet

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised, shocked about the dye bleeding on both red and green for you. I felted a black and red bag in Lamb's Pride Bulky. No problem. I just finished a sky blue and brown bag in Cascade 220. No problem. Maybe my water wasn't quite as hot. I set the washer for hot, but I had to run it twice to get the results I wanted. BTW, I loved the blankie which you dyed blue. I thought it looked even better! Good Luck! Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home