2.26.2005

Early morning photos

My husband amused my son with the iTunes visualizer this morning while I took some pictures. I couldn't ask for anything more on a lazy Saturday.

The New England socks for Sockapalooza are slowly creeping toward the finish. I tried to keep up with my one diamond a day strategy, but it seems that the back of the calf patterning slowed me down. Here's a merged shot of both front and back, oddly different colors although I snapped the photos seconds apart.


After I finished the third diamond yesterday, I cruised around the blog world to see this great scarf. Now, this pattern and I have some history. Back in the golden pre-parenthood days in Boulder, we had an awesome little dinner party group going on. Everyone has since moved away and many of us have kids or, like Chris and Meriah, soon will. At some party that involved both wine and knitting as well as being up really late, I tried to start the diagonal lace rib scarf from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns. It did not work. I chalked it up to wine. The next day I tried it again and found that the pattern was incorrect. I gave it up and moved on, not bothering to figure it out. When I saw that it had been made by someone with a blog, I let loose my tirade against the pattern in the comments and got back a very helpful response from Mason-Dixon Ann. Bolstered by her success, I played around with the pattern until I got it to work. Pattern conquered!


I also got some yarn the other day at Showers of Flowers.

KPPPM that will become Crusoe.

Some Colori for summer socks.

While I was talking to the clerk and complaining that my Rowan 37 hasn't yet arrived, she told me that they'll no longer be stocking Rowan. Hmm... Sometimes I wish I knew all the yarn rep gossip about the local shops.

Littleton SnB is this afternoon -- I can't wait to go and you should check it out if you're in the Denver area!

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Leisel said...

I'm glad to know Showers does carry Koigu... their online site doesn't show it. I've been seriously wanting to see and touch (so that I can choose and have) some, and neither of the serious yarn stores down here carries it. One of these days, I'll have to make a run up to Denver to check it out.

- Leisel in Co. Spgs.

(Did I meet you at the Boulder Knit & Crochet out? It's been to long, and I've forgotten which faces go with which blogs)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh I LOVE the color of that Colori! Beautiful and rich.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger alison said...

Ooooooohhhhh, pretty socks and yummy sock yarn. :)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

They're not going to carry Rowan yarn *at all*? How is that possible? I know the owner there is a little....touchy, so I wonder what exactly happened. And what are they going to get to fill that entire corner?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home